Furnace Safety Tips
Winter is coming, which means colder temperatures. Colder temperatures mean using your furnace more often.
But before you use your furnace this winter, it is important to remember these safety tips to ensure safe and reliable operation:
- Have your furnace inspected and a safety check done every year by the heating and air professionals at R & R Heating & Air.
- Change the furnace filter every month while it is in use.
- Make sure the pilot light stays lit and burns correctly — it should burn smoothly with a blue flame. If it flickers or burns yellow-orange, that could be a sign of carbon monoxide production which is dangerous and potentially deadly. If you do suspect a carbon monoxide leak, or your carbon monoxide detector detects high levels, contact R & R Heating & Air immediately.
- Keep trash and other combustibles such as paint thinners and gasoline away from the furnace and heating system.
- Leave any furnace repair up to the professionals. Furnaces can be dangerous and even deadly when you attempt a repair without professional training.
- Get an annual inspection for carbon monoxide leaks, especially if your furnace is over five years old. Because carbon monoxide is odorless, it is best to have a professional company test with sensitive equipment. Testing is extremely important for the safety of you and your family to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning or even death.
By following these tips, you can ensure your family stays warm with a properly functioning furnace this winter.
In the case of a furnace or heating emergency, call R & R Heating & Air. When you choose us, you can count on receiving the high quality, trustworthy service we have been providing Albuquerque with for years!