Why You Need Spring Duct Cleaning
Think the air you’re breathing inside your home is fresh? Think again.
With your house being closed up all winter long, dirt, allergens and other contaminants have been building up and are being cycled throughout your house, courtesy of your furnace and ductwork. Do you have any idea what’s in your ducts?
Here’s a short list:
- Dirt and dust
- Dust mites and other tiny (microscopic) insects
- Pet fur and dander
- Dead skin cells
- Rodent droppings (possibly even rodents themselves)
- Broken pieces of sheetrock and sheetrock dust particles
- Concrete and wood dust
Pretty gross, right? But there’s an easy way to get all that nastiness out of your ducts so that you can breathe cleaner air: spring duct cleaning.
Duct Cleaning Procedure
Duct cleaning is really a simple procedure. All you really need to do is call the HVAC professionals at R & R Heating & Air to schedule your duct cleaning. Before we arrive, move large furniture out of the way of the supply and return registers if possible. (If you can’t move large items, please let us know in advance. We may be able to take care of that for you.) That’s it! We do the rest:
- Move small furniture away from supply and return registers
- Cover large furniture and floors with drop cloths to keep them clean and protect them from our equipment
- Remove the supply and return register grills and wipe them down (Have you looked at the grills lately? You’ll be glad we take care of this.)
- Run the Roto-brush with vacuum through each duct (The Roto-brush loosens buildup from the duct floor and walls, and the vacuum removes it completely.)
- Reattach the supply and return register grills
- Clean up any debris
- Remove drop cloths and return the furniture we moved to its original position
The whole process only takes about two hours (for an average-sized home).
Other Benefits of Duct Cleaning
In addition to cleaner indoor air, duct cleaning can also help improve the efficiency of your heating and cooling systems. Your HVAC systems have air filters to prevent contaminants from getting inside the heating or cooling unit. When ducts are dirty, these filters clog up quickly. Clogged filters keep air from getting to the furnace or air conditioner, and that makes the unit work harder.
If you’ve never had your ducts cleaned, you might notice a difference on your energy bill after duct cleaning. If you get your ducts cleaned regularly, you may not see significant savings on your energy bill, but you can be assured that you are helping to improve your indoor air quality.
Schedule Residential or Commercial Duct Cleaning Today!
R & R Heating & Air is ready to help you with your spring cleaning. Call us for a duct cleaning quote for your home or business or to schedule your duct cleaning service.